Tuesday, July 31, 2012

We are foster parents!!

          David and I are about to begin a whole new exciting side of parenthood. We are Foster parents! I wanted a new blog to journal this journey, all though our journey certainly didn't start here. We decided about a year ago that The foster Care system was going to be our road to adoption. We worked together to get through all of the training and preparing. All the hard work has finally paid off as we will get our first placement in two days! We are doing respite care along with regular foster care. Respite is short term like 2-3 days while fostering can be as long as a year or turn into an adoption into our forever family.
        I am not able to post specific details about the children online and I am not supposed to display these children publicly. I have decided that I will blog about each child here for my family to see in this private blog then I will keep my own physical scrapbook of all the children here at home where I can feel free to include as many details and pictures as I want :) Well here goes! I am sooooooo excited to post about our first two little girls this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment